You're just trying to justify a lesser level of ghosting. Making a commitment to buy and then disappearing is not as egregious as committing to a time and place to meet and not showing up, but it's still ghosting if you don't tell the seller you've changed your mind.
We all get to decide what level of

ty behavior we're okay with and you've made it abundantly clear where you stand on the issue. That's fine. The thing I honestly can't wrap my head around is your apparent belief that nobody else is allowed to feel differently than you do and have the ability to call out

ty behavior that they're not willing to let slide.
If you don't want to use the feature, don't. But trying to justify why nobody else should have that option is what speaks volumes here.
This is the very thing in question.
What YOU think is a "commitment to buy" really isn't. The way I see it, it's all just noise until a commitment to MEET has been agreed-upon by all parties. People come and look, they ask questions, parties may talk by voice, and there's a feeling-out period. Sometimes people aren't sure, or there are dependencies, or life happens, all things I shouldn't need to explain to an adult.
It's ALL JUST NOISE until a commitment to meet has been made. And note, I am NOT defending ghosting anyone. I'm simply saying that

happens, and when it does one should get over it, just like you should get over the fact that I disagree with you, which you ironically are trying to pin on me as if that's my position. The way you're trying to impeach my character as a NEW person on this site with zero feedback is over-the-top, and you should really just chill and absorb the culture here for a bit.
I don't mind the disagreement, but you're the one attacking me personally. I'm only going to give you a few more chances to be honest and reasonable before I simply block you. I don't think you're arguing honestly, and you seem stuck on these silly strawman arguments. Are you trying to make a name for yourself here? This is not the way to do it, especially since you think you're speaking for a group.
Bottom line, make a plan to meet when you want to buy or sell something. Everything else is just noise, and people change their minds. I am not defending ghosting as a practice (we Gen-Xers tend not to do that) but I don't think the site needs to track an implied/declared "I'll take it" and then "didn't follow through" as if the site has any hope of policing that. This is also why I don't support a "dibs" functionality. *I* choose my seller based on a plurality of metrics, not the least of which is someone's communication, intelligence, respect, integrity, and intellectual honesty—something you're apparently still learning.
Finally, your tactic here is FAR WORSE than someone "ghosting" in comms, because I think you're a dishonest person making strawman personal attacks. You'll be on ignore eventually, but let's see how you do with this response. See if you can break out of your loop, and see if you can argue the POINT instead of making strawman ad hominem attacks against me.