18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What will Glock do in California?

The big and small agencies switch from P320 to other brands. You can call them stupid all day long, but each call damages Sig reputation further down.
That’s right, this does more damage to Sig’s reputation than some guy pinning the trigger back and forth to have a discharge as proof. Almost every pistol will dischange, and you can do this with Glocks too, but that doesn’t necessarily show that the pistol is inherently bad.
 
That’s right, this does more damage to Sig’s reputation than some guy pinning the trigger back and forth to have a discharge as proof. Almost every pistol will dischange, and you can do this with Glocks too, but that doesn’t necessarily show that the pistol is inherently bad.
I am not arguing the technical details. Yet, Sig P320 discharges are all over the news and the departments across the country ditch the brand. This is the issue Sig dropped.
 
That’s right, this does more damage to Sig’s reputation than some guy pinning the trigger back and forth to have a discharge as proof. Almost every pistol will dischange, and you can do this with Glocks too, but that doesn’t necessarily show that the pistol is inherently bad.
Again, you can't do this with a Glock because of the trigger dingus.. The thinking is that some movement, getting into a car, jumping, running, etc, could be enough to move the trigger and have this happen. There are hundreds of reports of this including hundreds in a class action lawsuit that keeps growing. The main thing is though that we have hundreds of reports including some very credible second hand ones in the competitive shooting community, and instead of doing something to actually show us that it's safe, they dismiss it. You can call it stupid but it certainly makes me trust you less personally when you just act like there's nothing credible. It's credible until we have proof that it's not.
 
It's not only about the aesthetics, also it diminishes the performance. Mag disconnect literally disables your firearm. It's not a big issue for the paper tagret plinkers, but could become problematic in a life-threatening situation.
That may be true. I have never had any problems with any of my pistols regarding any of those features. Or have I heard of anyone having any problems with the features. I figure. I’m running my pistol hard at the range vs once in my lifetime that I’ll have to use my pistol for self defense purposes. If I were to do the math. It would probably equate to 1 in 10,000,000 chance that my pistol will fail due to the features mentioned. It’s a risk vs benefit factor. These safety measures that are in place benefit the consumers more than not. If the manufacturers believed that these safety measures would hinder the firearms operation. I would conclude that the manufacturers would find alternative methods to make the firearm safe.

I honestly believe that a good number of people believe that these features are unwarranted and not necessary thus creating this false narrative that many people have bought into. And the fall out is that many are selling a pistol that are “better or more desirable” due to the lack of these features. It’s a money grab and/or a matter of preference, my friend.
 
I am not arguing the technical details. Yet, Sig P320 discharges are all over the news and the departments across the country ditch the brand. This is the issue Sig dropped.

Last week I spent 4 days at SIG SAUER headquarters in Portsmouth, NH. I met with CEO Ron Cohen and senior leadership, toured the factory, and sat down with assembly team members and several engineers. We spent many hours digging through the data on the P320 — everything from the Canadian Army and Austrian military reports to the Danish military review, the FBI report, and dozens of other documents.

I also had a full technical breakdown from SIG engineers and spent time on the assembly floor talking directly with the people who build these pistols. We deliberately tried to recreate the failure scenarios that have been discussed publicly — spent hours testing and discussing whether the pistol could be made to ND under normal handling. What I came away with is this: the platform, when assembled and handled as designed, is fundamentally sound.

There is a lot of heat in the 2A community about this platform — and frankly much of the headline-making rhetoric is driven by emotion rather than the full set of facts. I had a candid lunch with Ron Cohen where I didn’t hold back; he listened, answered questions, and helped me track down answers with his team. That willingness to engage in direct, technical conversation mattered.

My takeaway: there are obviously issues worth investigating and addressing where they exist, but the broad brush panic I’ve seen online doesn’t match what I observed in person after reviewing the data and talking to the engineers and factory staff. Facts and thorough testing matter more than soundbites. If you care about safety and accountability, demand transparency and data — not just headlines.
 
Again, you can't do this with a Glock because of the trigger dingus.. The thinking is that some movement, getting into a car, jumping, running, etc, could be enough to move the trigger and have this happen. There are hundreds of reports of this including hundreds in a class action lawsuit that keeps growing. The main thing is though that we have hundreds of reports including some very credible second hand ones in the competitive shooting community, and instead of doing something to actually show us that it's safe, they dismiss it. You can call it stupid but it certainly makes me trust you less personally when you just act like there's nothing credible. It's credible until we have proof that it's not.
Not a single lawsuit has been won based on the platform being bad or faulty, but rather by an anti-gun firm that argued that Sig advertised the trigger as double action on one marketing sheet that it was nothing more than that.
 
Last week I spent 4 days at SIG SAUER headquarters in Portsmouth, NH. I met with CEO Ron Cohen and senior leadership, toured the factory, and sat down with assembly team members and several engineers. We spent many hours digging through the data on the P320 — everything from the Canadian Army and Austrian military reports to the Danish military review, the FBI report, and dozens of other documents.

I also had a full technical breakdown from SIG engineers and spent time on the assembly floor talking directly with the people who build these pistols. We deliberately tried to recreate the failure scenarios that have been discussed publicly — spent hours testing and discussing whether the pistol could be made to ND under normal handling. What I came away with is this: the platform, when assembled and handled as designed, is fundamentally sound.

There is a lot of heat in the 2A community about this platform — and frankly much of the headline-making rhetoric is driven by emotion rather than the full set of facts. I had a candid lunch with Ron Cohen where I didn’t hold back; he listened, answered questions, and helped me track down answers with his team. That willingness to engage in direct, technical conversation mattered.

My takeaway: there are obviously issues worth investigating and addressing where they exist, but the broad brush panic I’ve seen online doesn’t match what I observed in person after reviewing the data and talking to the engineers and factory staff. Facts and thorough testing matter more than soundbites. If you care about safety and accountability, demand transparency and data — not just headlines.
I completely see your point. I am sure Sig P320 is a great gun, however Sig didn't adequately respond to the issues reported. Their stance was to ignore, deny, then settle the law suits privately. That damaged Sig reputation completely. No agency wants to work with Sig on the issue remediation. They know Sig will deny everything until brought over to a court. So, the first documented ND of one faulty P320 makes the agency switch the brand right away. Why is that? Because Sig didn't adequately respond to the issue in the first place.

Feel free to pass it on Mr. Cohen as a community follow up.
 
I completely see your point. I am sure Sig P320 is a great gun, however Sig didn't adequately respond to the issues reported. Their stance was to ignore, deny, then settle the law suits privately. That damaged Sig reputation completely. No agency wants to work with Sig on the issue remediation. They know Sig will deny everything until brought over to a court. So, the first documented ND of one faulty P320 makes the agency switch the brand right away. Why is that? Because Sig didn't adequately respond to the issue in the first place.

Feel free to pass it on Mr. Cohen as a community follow up.
There is no solution that would have satisfied the modern outrage culture.
 
There is, actually. It's just Sig took the wrong route and damaged the brand reputation to the point, various LEA are happy to drop off P320 from the ledger, write off the expenses and switch to another brand.
So what is the correct solution? I might be able to get you job at Sig
 
So what is the correct solution? I might be able to get you job at Sig
Why do you think I'd be interested working for Sig?
Anyway, the solution to deny, reject and then make private settlements backfired. You can tell Sig to try some better approach, like collaboration, issue acceptance and maybe some kind of volunteer recall? This way, the next LEA maybe (just maybe) decide to work with Sig on the issue resolution, instead of dropping Sig.
Any change in strategy will do good for them.
 
Why do you think I'd be interested working for Sig?
Anyway, the solution to deny, reject and then make private settlements backfired. You can tell Sig to try some better approach, like collaboration, issue acceptance and maybe some kind of volunteer recall? Any change in strategy will do good for them.
Laughing out loud! that foolish
 
Back
Top Bottom